Thursday, January 4, 2007

Satisfaction

How do we find satisfaction? I know that lasting satisfaction can only be found in God, but can we have any other sort of satisfaction other than God? Do we only have satisfaction from things in which we include God? If so, how do we include God in everything?

Lots of questions, to which I wish I knew the answers. Last night, I noticed that I felt rather dissatisfied. I don't know with what, though; just dissatisfied. I wish I knew what I could do about it, because I don't like the feeling. I'm not even sure what caused it, because I've been really happy recently. *sigh*

1 comment:

The Devoted said...

Perhaps the lasting satisfaction that comes from God is the only true satisfaction in life. Nothing else can give satisfaction; if one finds satisfaction in a certain art or in doing a certain event, does not this fulfilling still come from God ultimately? If a man seeks satisfaction that does not come from God, he is asking an object or event to give something which it is uncapable of providing. Perhaps, perhaps.

An interesting topic; one which I shall think on more and post on my blog.